Yo yo (not yoyo),
I’ve started using GabbiCat for voice blogging the same information that I’m capturing on this boring text blog (seems like an obvious thing to do). So, if you’d like to use GabbiCat to stay up-to-date on GabbiCat, go here.
If you’re still reading this boring written form of communication, here’s what you’re missing on the GabbiCat audio feed:
- I’ve deployed a few updates to the site over the last few days, primarily related to Facebook integration. For those of you listening to posts from within Facebook, you’ll notice that we now have a “pre-roll” audio clip that plays at the start of each post from the voice of our very own Gabbi Cat…shameless self-promotion.
- There are new “embed” and “share” buttons on audio posts played from within Facebook. You can use these to embed posts on your own webpage or to share posts on other social networks. Have at it!
- There was a bug that caused some of the posts to not play in Facebook. Doh! It’s been fixed and the developer (me) has been properly punished.
- I started work on the dial-in feature that will allow you to record your posts from your phone. It’s not available yet, but I’m working on it.
- A few people have asked if it’s possible to get a link for a post. The answer is yes. Aside from the new features in #2 above, which allow you to share a post, you can also click the “View” link on any post while on the GabbiCat site, which will take you to a page for that specific post. On that page, copy the URL from your browser’s address bar and you’re golden. Boo ya!
That’s it for now. Oh yeah, have you signed up for GabbiCat and posted your voice yet? No? Then join now and stop being such a punk! :)
Stop typing. Start gabbing!